The Elections Timeline, officially approved by SAE and the Universal Elections Committee, is as follows:
- Monday, March 13 – Friday, March 17 —Interest Sessions & Online Application period
- Friday, March 17 at 11:59 PM — Online applications through myUMW due
- Saturday, March 18 – Thursday, March 23 — Campaigning period
- Tuesday, March 21 at 8:00AM – Thursday, March 23 at 11:59 PM —Voting on myUMW
- Friday, March 24 by 5:00 PM—Announcements sent out via email
Have a potential Elections Violation?
Please email any possible violations to Joey Zeldin, UEC Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “UEC Violation Report, MM/DD/YYYY (Add in the date)”. In the body of the email, please include all parties involved, what the possible violation is, and any other relevant information.
All election complaints are taken seriously and fairly, and the UEC standard is to receive a response back from the Committee Chair within 1 business day, setting up a time and Zoom link for any hearings, if necessary.
Important Forms and Documents
Declaration of Candidacy Form: Students wishing to seek elected positions at UMW must fill out a form stating their intent to run. That form can be found here. This form must be filled out by 11:59PM on Friday, March 17th.
Universal Elections Handbook: This handbook is important to read through and ensure you do not violate any UEC standing rules on elections. You can find a PDF of the Rulebook attached below in a PDF copy for your convenience. Having trouble viewing? Email UEC Chair Joey Zeldin for an emailed copy at email@example.com.