Welcome to the UEC Homepage!
The Universal Elections Committee (UEC) is an independent committee that formed to ensure fair and centralized elections here at UMW. Although the UEC webpage is hosted through the SGA Website, the UEC is NOT an organization under SGA. We hope you’ll utilize this space, either as a student voter or as a student candidate, to learn about elections here at UMW and get involved in our student-led organizations! Please visit our resources tabs under the UEC tab to find how to vote and gather resources you may find important if you are running in the elections!
What is the UEC?
The UEC helps set election guidelines, maintains oversight over all elected organization’s election processes, and settles any issues during student elections. The UEC is comprised of representatives from each of the student-elected organizations at UMW. The committee’s current membership for the Spring 2023 election cycle consists of the following members:
- Joey Zeldin, SGA President, UEC Chair
- Mariana Haugh, Class Council Executive President
- Abby Delapenha, Honor Council President
- Julia May, Student Conduct Review Board President
- Kaylah Lightfoot, Finance Committee Chair
Election Timeline and Resources
The Elections Timeline, officially approved by SAE and the Universal Elections Committee, is as follows:
- Monday, March 13 – Friday, March 17 —Interest Sessions & Online Application period
- Friday, March 17 at 11:59 PM — Online applications through myUMW will be due
- Saturday, March 18 – Thursday, March 23 — Campaigning period
- Tuesday, March 21 at 8:00AM – Thursday, March 23 at 11:59 PM —Voting on myUMW
- Friday, March 24 by 5:00 PM—Announcements sent out via email